We seem to focus on our mother fails and our ever growing list of Mummy guilt. So let’s focus on something else. Like how we are rocking this motherhood rollercoaster ride. Lately the ten reasons I’m rocking motherhood has been making the rounds and I love the idea so here is my list of ten reasons that I’m rocking motherhood.
- I allow my children the freedom to make their own choices within reason and to learn from them.
- I have taught my two sons that showing affection is not something to be embarrassed about.
- I try to be a better mother everyday
- I admit when I’m wrong and I apologize to them.
- They get all their needs met and most of their wants.
- I know most of the wiggles songs and bust one out when needed.
- My oldest eat veggies and fruit and actually enjoys them.
- I have read to both of them since birth and reading is a priority in our house.
- Religion is not used as the easy answer.
- Which leads to me this, I tell my children the truth. Age appropriate yes but the truth.
This was actually much harder than I thought it would be. I think we always remember what we did wrong or what we didn’t do. This list is something I want to print out to remind me of the things I’m doing right.
To keep this going I’m tagging
Lynsey from Real Moms Blog
Jessie from Her Arms Are Strong
Mommy Has Gone Crazy