I’m always on the lookout for yummy vegan recipes and adapting recipes to make them vegan. This pasta dish is so creamy that it’s hard to believe there is no cream in it. Unfortunately it doesn’t make for pretty pictures but makes up for it in taste. We used gluten free spiral pasta which I think is best for this recipe as they don’t clump together as some of long pastas do. The recipe below serves five to six people. This dish can be all done in one pot which is great because who loves doing dishes?
1Tbsp of olive oil
1 medium onion diced
4 Tsp. of minced garlic fresh or from a jar
4 cups of vegetable stock (we use Massel vegetable stock)
3 cups of soy milk or other non dairy milk
500g grams of spiral pasta
Salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a pot.
- Add the garlic, onion and fry for about two minutes.
- Add the soy milk and vegetable stock and stir.
- Add the pasta
- Make sure the pasta is covered by the liquid
- Bring it to the boil then bring it down to a simmer
- Add mushrooms
- Cook for 20 minutes stirring often
- Add mixed herbs and salt and pepper to taste
There it is. Simple and so yummy. Perfect for a midweek dish and great for a cold night. Best served soon as it is ready.